The Ottawa Hunt and Golf Club extends a warm welcome to our members’ guests. We hope that you enjoy our dining and recreational facilities and that your visit with us is pleasurable.
The Hunt Club has plenty of free parking in two main parking lots, and is wheelchair accessible.
For golfers, we suggest the South parking lot to your right as soon as you turn into Club property from Hunt Club Road.
For curlers, the North parking lot, to the right directly past the Clubhouse provides easy access to the curling entrance.
There is also parking directly in front of the Clubhouse, on the road below the front entrance.
Golf Bag Drop
The Bag Drop is in the South parking lot by the Golf Shop. For special events, there may be a specially designated Bag Drop area, which will be well marked.
All golfing guests must report to the Golf Shop, where staff will assist with information, clothing and equipment.
Guest lockers are available to visiting golfers. Please contact the office at 613-736-1102 to make arrangements.
For the comfort of our members and guests, the use of cell phones is prohibited in all Clubhouse food service areas.
Like most private facilities, the Hunt Club has a Dress Code. It reflects Club traditions but also considers current trends in golf wear and the practices of other private clubs. Members and guests must wear attire that conforms to the Dress Code on Club property. Individuals whose clothing does not meet Hunt Club standards will be provided an opportunity to purchase appropriate attire from the Golf Shop. If the opportunity is declined, they will be asked to leave the premises.
Casual attire is permitted in the Clubhouse. No head attire may be worn in the Clubhouse lounges.
Prohibited Attire: The following attire is prohibited at all times on all Club property:
- exercise pants or shorts,
- cargo shorts with exterior pockets (side or front),
- cargo pants with exterior pockets (side or front),
- flip flops.
Dress Code for Juniors and Children
The above Dress Code also applies to teenagers and children. The Club recognizes that children’s clothing trends often vary from adults; therefore, some leniency will be given provided their attire is in good taste. Parents and Sponsors are responsible for ensuring that children’s attire adheres to the Dress Code.
General Golf Attire
Shoes: Metal-spiked golf shoes and golf sandals of any type are prohibited. Anyone who must wear sandals for medical reasons must submit a written request and receive approval from the General Manager.
Socks: Shorts must be worn with knee-length socks or sockettes. All sports and athletic socks, mid-calf length socks or socks rolled down are prohibited.
Hats: Caps or visors may not be worn backwards. Caps bearing sports’ team logos are prohibited.
Rain Wear: Rain suits and wind suits are permitted in inclement weather.
Logos: Clothing and golf bags bearing the logo of an organization closely related to golf, such as clothing designers and golf equipment manufacturers, are acceptable. Small, discreet logos are permitted on clothing. All logos on attire must be unobtrusive.
Men’s Golf Attire
Standard golf clothing for men is considered to be golf slacks or shorts and a collared shirt. A sweater is optional. This is exemplified further as follows:
- Slacks: Golf slacks must be tailored. Plus fours are permitted.
- Shorts: Golf shorts must be designed and tailored by the clothing industry for wear on the golf course and in the Clubhouse; shorts must cover at least half of the thigh.
- Shirts: Golf shirts must have a collar and be neatly tucked into golf slacks or golf shorts at all times. Turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks (long- or short-sleeved) are permitted.
Ladies’ Golf Attire
Standard golf clothing for ladies is considered to be golf slacks, shorts or a skirt, and a collared shirt. A sweater is optional. This is exemplified further as follows:
- Slacks: Golf slacks must be tailored. Capri pants are permitted.
- Shorts: Golf shorts must be designed and tailored by the clothing industry for wear on the golf course and in the Clubhouse. Shorts must cover at least half of the thigh.
- Shirts: Sleeveless golf shirts are permitted, providing they have a collar. Alternatively, golf shirts without a collar may be worn providing they have sleeves and a high neckline. Scooped necklines and low-cut armholes of any description are not acceptable. Shirts must be neatly tucked into golf slacks, shorts, skirts, or capri pants. Shirts designed to be worn over slacks/shorts/skirts are permitted providing they have a finished bottom and fall 2” to 4” below the waist. Bare midriffs, tank tops, and long, untucked shirts are not permitted. Turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks are permitted.